Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anybody Know a Steam Contractor in Baltimore Other Than Steamhead?

Options
13»

Comments

• SlowYourRoll
    SlowYourRoll Member Posts: 187
    Options
    neilc said:

maybe I missed it, but,
    is there anywhere in this thread, or your other, where there is hammering or noise from that incorrect hartford loop "nipple" ?
    I'm not saying that the copper or length is correct,
    but, if it isn't broken , , ,

I'm not living there right now so I don't know. I won't find out for a few years. There's a few other things they said they'd do then didn't, like skimming and even just installing a skim port. When I was there last week it sounded like Blue Man Group was practicing when the heat came on, but I wasn't in the basement so I can't say if that section of pipe got in on the act.

Honestly it's just time to move on. I had (what I thought was) a lovely walkthrough with a knowledgeable tech and their salesperson. They seemed like they weren't what WGSH dubs knuckleheads. The salesperson came over to my house later in the day to get a check and we were talking when she handed me what I thought was a contract, I checked to make sure it specified following all the manufacturer specifications, and I just signed it without reading the fine print. Even if I had read it I might not have pumped the brakes and requested an actual contract. I honestly believed they were going to do all the things we discussed. But I just had to let it all go. Chalk it up as an expensive life lesson.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,103
    Options
    In NYC any short piece of pipe is called a "Dutchman."  Mad Dog 🐕 
    SlowYourRoll