Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Boiler help please!

Hi, our Burnham Boiler is leaking just a little bit (water with sediment). Please see the photos as I’m not sure what you call the part that it’s leaking from or what the problem is. I’ve read some other posts on here and am confident and grateful that someone will be able to help me. Thank you! 

Comments

• bgoldsau
    bgoldsau Member Posts: 2
    Hi, our Burnham Boiler is leaking just a little bit (water with sediment). Please see the photos as I’m not sure what you call the part that it’s leaking from or what the problem is. I’ve read some other posts on here and am confident and grateful that someone will be able to help me. Thank you!
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,263
    It's a ¾" hose spigot. Also called a boiler drain. It's no big deal.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
    STEVEusaPAkcoppSuperTech
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,700
    A kleenex piece of toiler paper is a good way to locate a seeping connection.
    I'd suspect that ball valve packing, since the handle is rusty, or a pump flange. Sometimes the drip only happens when the system is cold, parts contract.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Long Beach Ed
    Long Beach Ed Member Posts: 1,228
    Several ways to correct the problem: Call a plumber to replace the valve. Drain the system and replace the valve yourself. Or buy a new hose cap to replace the old one that was put on the valve to stop the dripping and replace that.

Or you can keep the bucket there.
    Alan (California Radiant) ForbesethicalpaulJohnNY
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,983
    new hose cap and gasket. most hardware stores and big box stores will have them
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,347
    I've merged these duplicate posts into one here. Thanks!

President
    HeatingHelp.com