Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How Do You Pronounce Radiator?

2»

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,577
    Joseph Nason, who put steam heat in the White House, is the person who came up with the name radiator. I suppose because it radiates. But he was from Boston, so feel free to filter it through his regional accent.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,430
    It’s ray-dee-aytor. You wouldn’t call an RF a “rad-dee-ent” floor. The sun “ray-dee-ates” heat.
    For some reason, around the Baltimore- Philly area, they mis-pronounce it with a short A.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,097
    RAY-DEE-AY-TER

Joseph Nason, who put steam heat in the White House, is the person who came up with the name radiator. I suppose because it radiates. But he was from Boston, so feel free to filter it through his regional accent.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • WMno57
    WMno57 Member Posts: 1,408
  • ChrisJ
    RAY-DEE-AY-TER
    ron said:
    Canada usually calls them rads...
    it's rads ay
    Eh...
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • ChrisJ
    edited February 2023
    RAY-DEE-AY-TER
    ron said:

ChrisJ said:

ron said:

mattmia2 said:

Canada usually calls them rads...

it's rads ay

Yes,
    You can tell the excitement in my statement from the 3 periods at the end.