Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Crown boiler pilot adjust and flame question

Joeh1223
Joeh1223 Member Posts: 9
I just cleaned out my pilot on my boiler it was a yellow flame after cleaning it it’s a strong blue flame but not it’s kind of loud it sound like when the burner on the stove is on it’s not that loud but I can hear it when I’m on the floor next to it or if I’m standing up and quitet.. I tried to lower the flame with the pilot adjust the screw was all the was clockwise tight so I turned it counter clockwise it might have made a small difference but I’m not sure the flame noise was still there and every time I turned it that was I can smell gas coming from it from the piolt adjust so I just turned it all the way clockwise and put the screw back on , is my boiler suppose to sound like that and what’s going on with the piolt adjust

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,275
    Shut the boier off and keep it off until you can get a qualified tech. to get it adjusted properly. Improperly adjusted burners have several interesting ways to ruin your whole day, and are not something an untrained person should play with.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England