Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thanks to a top notch rep!

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
On this day of thanks I want to express my sincere gratitude to Ian of Suntoya Corp in Washington state. There is no better rep of a mfr that I have met. Below are details of yesterday
AM Wednesday 1 of our techs go on a no hot water call from Lochinvar KHB199 boiler, 3 yrs old. Boiler locking out on hi limit temp diff fault. Tech starts with checking inlet outlet temps. Checks pump, swaps supply return sensors with sister boiler. Still faulting out same code. Talks to Lochinvar tech and discusses issue. Still no resolution. Getting to mid day, pulled tech to other job and I ran up. Time ticking away and soon will have no option to get running if part needed. Arrive and start checking harness, no issues specifically found. Call tech support but they are backed up, made calls to Suntoya and Ian was out checking job site but gets back to me in appx 1/2 hr. He is well versed in product he reps. We discuss the issue, he gives me couple of readings to verify. After checking and still not finding a specific problem with sensors or wiring, decide we may need a board. He calls his outside salesman Bob, who is based in Western Wa, Ian is in Eastern Wa. Bob is 1.5. - 2 hrs away from their Warehouse in western Wa but is willing to drive to get me part, wow. Now it’s just after 3:30pm. Great service. I started thinking of where I have dual 199s, call our installer to help remind me where I’ve sold duals. He reminds me that I have 2 sites within 10 blocks of me. I call one near by and see if it’s ok if I rob one for next 5 days, it’s mild right now so other site only needs 1 boiler currently. Ran over, pulled board and came back, swapped out and up on line.
Moral of story is, it takes a village to keep everyone safe and comfortable. Not everyone will extend a hand out to help others. Ian and his group helped us get 30 apts hot water at nearly the last minutes of a day before a long weekend. 4 days without hot water for 30 plus people would have been a real drag. Btw, I have boards for some of the boilers but not the newest versions, that will change soon. Btw, shoutout to Lochinvar on their fire tube knight boiler, 1st main board replacement in 10 yrs with somewhere around a 100 boilers installed.
Happy Thanksgiving all
T
ratioSTEVEusaPALarry Weingartenkcopp

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Great story, great team. Well done! Happy Thanksgiving. 
    Retired and loving it.