Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problems with Pilot

Options
dankinney
dankinney Member Posts: 1
Hello,

I’m brand new here (and SO happy I found this place). We moved into a new home this year that is steam radiator heated. I just turned the thermostat up a few days ago, and our radiators started to heat up, but then stopped. It turns out the pilot light on the boiler had gone out, and now I can’t get it to stay on again. Is this a thermocouple issue, and if so, do boilers take a special type of thermocouple? We’ve never had a boiler before this house, so I’m completely inexperienced. I would appreciate any help! Thanks!

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,326
    Options
    It may be a thermocouple issue, but there are a number of other possibilities having to do with the gas system. If this is LP, your supplier probably has a tech. who could come out and check it and adjust things. If this is natural gas, you supplier might or might not have a tech, but would be a good place to start.

In general, I'm not really keen on homeowners working on either gas or oil burners...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England