Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell thm-5320r wireless panel to single zone TT boiler

Hey guys. My brain is locked and I cannot figure out a way to wire this panel with this boiler. It's a single zone hot water boiler with just TT terminals. The thermostat wire got hit so we need a wireless setup. 

Where do I get the C and R from? The W I'm going to take from one side of TT, I assume.

Don't mind the wires currently connected in the picture. I was just testing at my house in which I was able to get it to work but I was going to a Taco box. 

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    The panel looks like it's wired and power up? Where did you tie in ?

Cut them skinned wires down . Bare wire with a common could burn out a transformer ...

I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
    Zman
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,725
    edited November 2022
    I can't tell from your pictures, but I believe this is the wiring diagram from your boiler.If I am correct then the that HYDROLEVEL HYDROSTAT CONTROL MODEL 3200 has a transformer in the control that powers up a regular thermostat, limit control, Low Water Cut Off, Vent damper, Ignition control, and the gas valve. I'm not sure the transformer inside that control can power up the wireless thermostat module also. You should probably use an isolation relay with a separate transformer for that wireless thermostat receiver.

If you wanted to try it the T and TV are the Red and White to the thermostat. I am not sure which one is R and which one is W. My guess is T = R and TV = W, but i could be wrong, you need to test it . I can assure you that the B2 terminal on the 3200 to the ignition control is C to the wireless thermostat receiver. You just need to determine if T = R or TV = R

To test the 3200 to see which one = R, you need a multi meter set to measure 40 or more Volts AC. With the 120 V power to the 3200 turned on, place one lead on the B2 terminal and place the other on the T terminal with no other wire connected to it. Then place the other lead on the TV with no other wire on it. If you get 24 to 27 volts on one of the T or Tv terminals, that one is the R and the other one is the W.

Did I explain myself correctly, sometimes electrical controls are difficult. if you have any doubt, ask first before you let the smoke out of the control. Once that smoke is gone, you can't put it back and you will need a new control.

Mr. Ed
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes