Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

1013- 200 control with B&G 100

Options
inspkerr
inspkerr Member Posts: 23
edited February 2023 in THE MAIN WALL
Hello, replaced my old control module on an 1991 weil Mclain HE2 series 1 the new 1013- 200 integrated boiler controller manual says it requires a 120 volt isolation relay to work with my B&G 100 circulator - would that be a Honeywell R845 relay? THANK for your help - Paul

Comments

• FarmerBob
    FarmerBob Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I just replaced a 60 year old Honeywell RA832A with a Resideo/Honeywell R8845U (the indicated replacement) mainly because I needed the "C" wire. "DO NOT BUY A RESIDEO!" Very poor quality control. It took 3 of them until I got one that worked. Get the TACO version. So in between shipments, I rewired the 832 and to give me the "C" wire and still worked great. But I thought maybe it's time for a new one just in case. AND you have to make a 120v jumper to get the power to the correct terminals. The TACO has a jumper built in with the terminals numbered/arranged appropriately for logical wiring. The jumper can easily be removed. All the relays are "Dry Contact".
    I had a B&G 100 for 60 years and the coupling went. I have fixed it myself once and a replacement is $10-15. But we have a warranty service that is suppose to take care of that stuff now. They took the B&G 100 and replaced it with a TACO 007. We're freezing and the TACO Engineers are furious that plumbers do that. They said it should have been a 0010.
    tldr: 60 year old B&G 100 on a 60 year old RA832A worked great. B&G 100 on newer TACO version should be just fine.
    inspkerr
  • inspkerr
    inspkerr Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks Bob
    The control mod. sheet says its rated for a maximum of 3 amps for the circulator circuit, This controller was not cheap and I don't want to harm it, so I'm kind of nervous about plugging the series 100 directly into the controller. So you think RA832A is my best bet?