Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Essex valve

Jharper
Jharper Member Posts: 2
Hey Tim new to page , doing some research on Google and discovered a old post where u had helped a guy with a old essex valve . I have to very old wil McLain boilers both have zero legible tags on them , I was able to make out the tags to best of my ability on the two gas valves in boiler , problem is they will not react to adjustment and need replaced , I would retrofit them but I have no idea what the btu input is with no info on boiler or valve , the first valve is solenoid/pilot valve essex sx243ap , 243-110800-200, cust no 511044-22
Second is regulator solenoid valve sx243m-14
That m may be h hard to read ,24311082-235 also best to my ability reading .
My main question is would u happen to know what the btu rating on these were ? Pics also attached below in case that helps. Thanks 

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    All you need is the Input to the boiler. With that you can replace those valves with a Honeywell, or Robertshaw or White Rodgers valve. If there is no input then what size is the pipe in and out of the valves? Let's say it is 3/4" then any 3/4" valve 24 volts will do.
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • Jharper
    Jharper Member Posts: 2
    Yea no input on boiler ,valve I got is 1 1/4 npt, 24v , I looked up honewell diaphram valve in 11/4 looks like btu range is 460,000-1,600,000 I'd say it be safe to say I'm in that range they are good size boilers but not real big. Thanks for the help ! I was overthinking it, I thought valves were more btu specific . 
  • pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 959
    is there a sticker on the jacket somewhere that starts with "cp"