Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil Boiler Gauge on my Peerless Boiler. (solved)

Options
chowchow
chowchow Member Posts: 56
edited November 2022 in Oil Heating
Hello i have a 2 year old Peerless Boiler and i had a question im not to mechanical so please bear with me. The circular red and blue gauge on the front of the boiler my top is moving and telling the temp, but the bottom in blue is at 0 and doesnt move, is my gauge broken or might there be something else wrong here? I know i have to call a HVAC pro but right now im so strapped for cash its not funny any help would be greatly appreciated. Also i have no water tank my hot water gets heated directly from my boiler.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Seems like the water pressure is low . There is a pressure reducing valve piped to the system , it would look like a bell . Is it shut off , stuck or may be bad ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,853
    Options
    If that gauge is accurate you’d better get it checked. 

With the boiler cold manually add water and see if the gauge rises!
  • chowchow
    Options
    yea i see the bell thing in the back with a lever on it dont want to fool around with it could it be a broken gauge or the feeder valve?
  • chowchow
    Options
    also im getting heat and hot water and the low water light on my hydrostat hasnt gone off and my pressure is very strong so i dont know.
  • chowchow
    Options
    pecmsg i dont know how to do that im going to borrow the money and get a HVAC guy to take a look at this situation.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,853
    Options
    chowchow said:
    pecmsg i dont know how to do that im going to borrow the money and get a HVAC guy to take a look at this situation.
    Please get someone that knows what there doing. Recommendations from family and friends. Small 1 man shops. 

Good luck. 
  • chowchow
    Options
    Thank you
  • heathead
    heathead Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Please post a pictures of your system. The water pipes.
  • chowchow
    Options
    sorry i dont have a smart phone i have no way to upload pics on the camera i own sorry.
  • chowchow
    Options
    Could it be the feeder line or is the gauge broken? I have talked to several people and they all say that after a few years these gauges will break. Very cheaply made products.
  • chowchow
    Options
    How do i end a topic? Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.