Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Can you identify these IBC parts

I found these parts inside the IBC boiler housing, I am sad to see that I think the white one is the external temperature sensor, which I believe can easily be added and if it does the same outdoor set function as my Beckett Aquasmart should help with cost savings? Do you know what the other 2 parts are? Thank you

Comments

• ChrisWilliams2
    ChrisWilliams2 Member Posts: 31
    Spoke with IBC, that is the outdoor reset, I installed it ran it outside and wired it in and IBC walked me through the install. This really concerns me though about the whole install. I feel like if they skipped this, what else is wrong.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    It looks like an outdoor sensor, a gas valve orifice (maybe for an LP conversion), and a tubing adaptor (for condensate).
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    GGross
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,126
    @ChrisWilliams2

Many installers are scared of using outdoor reset. They don't want to figure out what the correct settings should be, and they don't want call backs. I am not sure why there is an extra condensate fitting, the orifice is likely the unused one for whichever type of gas you are not using. While I like to see the outdoor reset technology used, I would not say that these parts are a red flag at all. In fact it's good they left them there in case you want to use them, or may need them later
  • ChrisWilliams2
    ChrisWilliams2 Member Posts: 31
    This is all good to know thank you guys!
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    You should have been made aware that the OD wasn't installed by the contractor when it was commissioned. It's sad that many contractors aren't up to speed on OD because it requires some careful reading. All HW boilers work more efficiently with it and fuel savings can reach 30-40% than by not using it. Once the heating curve is correctly set, the boiler will remember what to do automatically to reach the setpoint temperature. It often takes an adjustment to get it where you want it and the house is comfortable
    GGross