Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water feeder won’t stop feeding

BigErl
BigErl Member Posts: 38
I installed a Weil McLain LGB4 that comes with a Mcdonnell Miller #61 LWCO and added a McDonnell Miller WFE-120 water feeder.  It’s set to dip switch 2. .  I filled the boiler and ran it for an hour or so testing the low water cut off and feeder.  Everything seemed ok and I turned the boiler off until the building needed heat.  They turned the boiler on and I got a call a day later that the feeder keeps feeding.  It continues to go through its feeding cycle until the led turns red indicating that the maximum number of cycles has been exceeded.  The lwco does shut off the burner when I let out the water.  Is this feeder and lwco compatible or is there a feeder more compatible?  The electrician is coming back to take a look. Any thoughts on what to check to try and troubleshoot this?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    For whatever reason the feeder is getting a low water signal. Either the LWCO is miswired -- not hard to do -- or is stuck. I've seen both happen.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Intplm.