Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ISO of 1/2" Wafer Check valve

I have a two pipe steam system from the 1920's and recently had my hardwood floors replaced and in the process of moving the radiators around and then reinstalling them, I can't find of the wafer style check valves that was on the return side. I can't seem to find anywhere online to buy a replacement and I really don't want to have to re-pipe as I that would require cutting another hole in my new floor.

Any help or guidance is appreciated. This forum and website has helped me understand the heating system in my old home and really appreciate it.


  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,322
    Wafer style check valve? Unlikely -- more likely a trap of some kind. Can you post a picture of what you are looking for?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England