Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HB Smith BB14 Boiler/Burner Unit (1980)

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 638
edited October 2022 in THE MAIN WALL
HB Smith BB14 Boiler/Burner Unit (1980)

This HB Smith BB14 Boiler/Burner Unit for residential installations is from May 1980.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DeadSteam2
    DeadSteam2 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank You For This!
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,677
    Options
    Until I saw this it never occurred to me that the labels on schematics were made by moving the paper around in a typewriter.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,330
    Options
    moving the paper -- or very careful hand draughting. Those lettering on those schematics looks more like it might have been done with a Leroy lettering set... anyone (besides me) remember those?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    reggi
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,677
    Options
    Are those just stencils? I remember the big essentially label makers that made labels on clear tape that you would stick on, I was too young to use one but I have seen them.
  • reggi
    reggi Member Posts: 516
    Options

moving the paper -- or very careful hand draughting. Those lettering on those schematics looks more like it might have been done with a Leroy lettering set... anyone (besides me) remember those?

I remember programming... with IBM cards 🤏
    One way to get familiar something you know nothing about is to ask a really smart person a really stupid question
  • mrspeeder
    mrspeeder Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I have the parts catalog straight from HB Smith. I'll get on my computer and upload it.