Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thanks! Now what?

Options
My residential system never worked well (too many issues to list), and finally failed in February, but with the help of everyone on this Wall, and a lot of reading, I finally think I'm going to have a successful, cheaper and worry free heating season. I've done a lot of work -  reconfigured my wet return, added mains, a couple valves, adjusted the pressurtrol, the vents, etc., and I seem to finally have it right. It's disturbingly quiet, and as I go around my house with an IR thermometer, every wall, every piece of furniture, table and appliance reads 69 degrees on the dot (my thermostat setting).
So my last concern is that, even though everything seems perfect, no radiator heats all its sections to the vent. They all vent air, so I am needlessly worrying? Will these end up getting warm as we move into Winter (it's been getting down to 35F/2C lately)? On account of my past failures, I think I just want some reassurance ahead of the upcoming colder weather. Thanks again, to all of you for passing along your knowledge and experience. A warm home is priceless.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,387
    Options
    Yes, you are needlessly worrying. Those radiators will get warmer farther across as the heating cycles get longer. They just don't need their full output yet!

Relax. Be happy. And congratulations on getting your heating system working the way it should!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    bburdsubaru400Canucker
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,574
    Options
    What @Jamie Hall said
    subaru400
  • subaru400
    subaru400 Member Posts: 33
    Options
    Great! Thanks again and now I'm looking forward to the cold lol