Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dead Men Tales: Running Down A Heating Mystery

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
edited August 2022 in THE MAIN WALL

Running Down A Heating Mystery

There are always undeniable truths when you're troubleshooting, but sometimes we miss them because we arrive at the job with our minds made up already. In this episode, Dan Holohan solves heating problems by getting back to basics.

Listen and subscribe here.

Thank you to our sponsor SupplyHouse.com.

Comments

• GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    "No it can't be that"
    My goodness if I had a dollar for every time I heard this in my short time I would have about 50 dollars, which isn't a lot of money but still crazy it happened that many times. I feel like I will perfect dealing with this mindset right about the time I am ready to retire
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    This reminds me of the "discussion" between physics and politics. Physics wins every time, but politics doesn't believe it. :o Thanks for another great story!

Yours, Larry
    CLambratioEdTheHeaterMan
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    Wait! What about the boiler? Clogged piggytail? Miswired? I gotta know!
    mattmia2
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,835
    Options
    @ratio, you are just going to have to live without the answer to this one. I think that boiler was a hypothetical and the customer was Bubba!
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,640
    Options
    Don't forget a gas valve that fails to close or close fully or even a burner control with a relay that welds shut.
  • leonz
    leonz Member Posts: 1,127
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Thank you Dan,

It reminds me of how I was told all my heating problems were because of my "NEW" steel compression tank not because of the hydrolevel 3250 plus and I need to replace the compression tank with a bladder tank. Both 3250 plus units were faulty and failed, the second one turned off the low water cut off function by itself!!!!!!

Six heating season years later "The Simple" Honeywell L8124L, L6006L and the McDonnel and Miller RB-122-E still work for me and I can sleep at night.

EdTheHeaterMan
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Thanks for listening. I appreciate you all!
    Retired and loving it.