Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

BFP

JPL941
JPL941 Member Posts: 51
edited July 23 in Plumbing
Hello everyone, I just have to say thank you for all your knowledge you provide on this website. Recently I came home from vacation and like every vacation, I turn off the main water supply. Only this time, I never closed the boiler valve on the combi which has sentinel x100 because I just forgot. Thankfully because of all the discussions, I had a taco dual check bfp preventer installed. Long story short, the pressure was reduced on the supply side - i don't know why and I had a trickle of water coming out of the vent port flowing to the floor drain. Upon opening up the main valve to the house, i could hear everything pressurize again. Had that BFP not been there, Lord knows what could have entered my drinking water. I assume everything is ok - i pray everything is ok - and my water is not contaminated. I ran every faucet for a half hour to an hour and drained down the Hot water heater just incase.

Again, had it not been for this website and the professionalism of all you, I would have never known.

Thank you.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 19,968
    You're welcome -- and Murphy strikes again!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England