Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Txv

Options
hard shutoff txv is external equalizer or not? Bleed port and non bleed port what does it look like? I try to find pics of txv with bleed port can’t find any,I never saw them in real world. Anyone can help me out for this please( also can anyone find me pics of txv with bleed port and external equalizer thanks)

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    I think you’re confusing two different things. Whether or not a TXV has an external equalizer is determined by whether there’s a distributor after it. If there’s no distributor, then the valve is internally equalized; if there’s a distributor, it causes a pressure drop through it and an external equalizer becomes necessary to supply the correct coil pressure under the diaphragm in the power head so that the valve will meter the correct amount of refrigerant and provide the proper superheat.

Whether a valve is bleed or non bleed is done internally. No refrigerant should ever bleed through the external equalizer. If it does, the valve is bad.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    mattmia2STEVEusaPA
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options
    You will need to look at the part number to figure out if it has a bleed.

I did not know that equalizer meant it had an external pressure reference port. the terminology is confusing since the bleed equalizes the system when it is off.

You can look for pictures on supplyhouse.com
  • johnjohn89
    johnjohn89 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    mattmia2 said:
    You will need to look at the part number to figure out if it has a bleed. I did not know that equalizer meant it had an external pressure reference port. the terminology is confusing since the bleed equalizes the system when it is off. You can look for pictures on supplyhouse.com
    Thank i
  • johnjohn89
    Options
    Ironman said:
    I think you’re confusing two different things. Whether or not a TXV has an external equalizer is determined by whether there’s a distributor after it. If there’s no distributor, then the valve is internally equalized; if there’s a distributor, it causes a pressure drop through it and an external equalizer becomes necessary to supply the correct coil pressure under the diaphragm in the power head so that the valve will meter the correct amount of refrigerant and provide the proper superheat.

Whether a valve is bleed or non bleed is done internally. No refrigerant should ever bleed through the external equalizer. If it does, the valve is bad.
    I know external equalizer on suction line to sense any pressure drop from evaporator outlet,distributor design to use reduce the pressure drop but that’s not what am I asking 
    I am still in hvac school, my question is hard shutoff txv is external equalizer or not, what does txv bleed port look like thanks
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options
    The bleed port is internal to the valve, you would have to find a cutaway or cut one open to see it.
  • johnjohn89
    Options
    mattmia2 said:
    The bleed port is internal to the valve, you would have to find a cutaway or cut one open to see it.
    Ok thanks