Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Code e3-01 on Daikin VRF unit

Options
Having an issue with a Daikin VRF unit model# RXYQ120PBTJ. There is no operation from the unit, and the indoor thermostat is displaying an error code of E3-01. I am getting conflicting information that this could either be a high pressure condition, or an electrically shorted compressor, or fan motor. I reset the high pressure code through the push buttons in the outdoor unit, the code went away on the thermostat, and then when I went to turn the thermostat back on the code immediately came back on. The unit made no attempt to start. I would think that it was a high pressure condition, that the unit would have ran until it reached the cut out pressure. I know these VRF units are very unit specific, I was just posting to see if anyone else had had a similar issue with the same unit. thanks to all

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    A shorted compressor can easily be confirmed or eliminated with a meter.

I agree that it’s unlikely a HP lock out if the system has had enough time to equalize. 

If you eliminate both of those possibilities, it might be time to call tech support.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    zepfan
  • zepfan
    zepfan Member Posts: 397
    Options
    It turned out to be the inverter compressor was grounded. I went back today with a megger, and didnt need it because the compressor was grounded so bad a standard meter could pick it up. Strange that the same code could be a refrigerant, or electric issue
    Ironman