Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam... What a night !

reggi
reggi Member Posts: 510
Just came in from a cold, rainy..snow (little) and super dampness that goes right through you.. To be greeted by the warmth that takes the chill out of you like nobody's business , Steam Radiators quietly releasing the best feeling warmth I could think of...
I just may go back outside for a short time just to experience it one more time as the season winds down. .. ..
And for a moment I wonder... Are Steamers just about the happiest people you know?
One way to get familiar something you know nothing about is to ask a really smart person a really stupid question
luketheplumber

Comments

• SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,570
    Had a similar experience!
    reggi
  • Labenaqui
    Labenaqui Member Posts: 72
    edited April 2022
    Yep. Grew up with steam heat. Putting those snow-caked mittens and suits on the radiators to dry quickly and run back out into the snow-fort. Memories .....
    Still service them ..... nostalgic.
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    It has reached the shoulder season here in northern Maine, stopped heating the slab with wood boiler.  I've moved to using the wood stove. I love reading a book in the chair in front of the fire. Something about that wonderful long wave radiation that heats you through!
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    reggi
  • reggi
    It has reached the shoulder season here in northern Maine, stopped heating the slab with wood boiler.  I've moved to using the wood stove. I love reading a book in the chair in front of the fire. Something about that wonderful long wave radiation that heats you through!
    Now that's not fair 😉
    One way to get familiar something you know nothing about is to ask a really smart person a really stupid question
  • luketheplumber
    luketheplumber Member Posts: 149
    I've been thinking about all the fun I've had working on steam boilers since I was moved to plumbing from the HVAC side of my company, several months ago. I'm really getting back to my dream of moving up north to work on these old steamers.
    I just earned my GED and am looking for a apprenticeship with one of these steam gurus on this site!
  • reggi
    Well that's great @luketheplumber . . You hold on to those dreams and keep working towards them... your time will come ..
    luketheplumber