Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

THERMOPRIDE OL5-85

Options
JETDOC33
JETDOC33 Member Posts: 1
I HAVE THERMOPRIDE OL5-85 THAT'S 22 YEARS OLD AND IVE HAD TO REPLACE A FEW PARTS; IS IT TIME FOR A NEW UNIT?

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,864
    Options
    Age alone tells you nothing. How was it set up, temperature rise, stack temperature, Static pressure, combustion analyses on and on.

Thermo Pride is a TANK!
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,549
    Options
    Thermopride is the best oil furnace.

Unless the heat exchanger is suspect I would keep it
    STEVEusaPA
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Thermopride is the best oil furnace. Unless the heat exchanger is suspect I would keep it
    Agree Thermo Pride is one of the best but I had one just last week with a crack heat exchanger. Fairly new account. This furnace is zoned, without a bypass, so I'm sure heat rise was a contributing factor. 
    So @JETDOC33, get it serviced every year and the answer will be on the combustion test. 
    What burner? The one I worked on had a Beckett AF. 
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,867
    Options
    HVACNUT said:

Thermopride is the best oil furnace.

Unless the heat exchanger is suspect I would keep it

Agree Thermo Pride is one of the best but I had one just last week with a crack heat exchanger. Fairly new account. This furnace is zoned, without a bypass, so I'm sure heat rise was a contributing factor. 
    So @JETDOC33, get it serviced every year and the answer will be on the combustion test. 

The Heat Exchanger has a lifetime warranty. Did you contact Thermo Products for a new HX? I have had zero problems with ThermoPride HX Warranty. I changed out 2 in my lifetime of HVAC work. Easy apart and easy together. One of them was really old at the time!

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Thermopride is the best oil furnace. Unless the heat exchanger is suspect I would keep it
    The Heat Exchanger has a lifetime warranty. Did you contact Thermo Products for a new HX? I have had zero problems with ThermoPride HX Warranty. I changed out 2 in my lifetime of HVAC work. Easy apart and easy together. One of them was really old at the time!
    Yup, the client is getting a brand new heat exchanger. Wrapped in a 21st century complete furnace.  
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,170
    Options
    Thermopride makes the best furnace available, regardless of fuel choice. I don't think there's any other furnace available that is as reliable and well built. If you have one in your home consider yourself lucky. It will probably outlast you. 
    MikeAmann