Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for a job up north with Steam an Hydronic boilers

Hey all you might remember me from the discussion "where do I start?" some time ago, I've been thinking of posting this discussion for awhile now and decided to ask you all to see who would like to hire me. i am currently working for the best plumbing and HVAC company in my hometown (Durham NC) so I'm not looking to move up north immediately. I have a good amount of hands on experience with plumbing and HVAC including residential steam and hot water boilers. I'm 19 years old and have my GED. I am looking to move to the north east but I will definitely con boilers for nearly 5 years now and have been interested in plumbing most my life. If your willing to consider letting me work for you than please let me know.
Thank you.
I just earned my GED and am looking for a apprenticeship with one of these steam gurus on this site!

Comments

• SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,212
    I live and work in the Mid Hudson Valley in New York and our company is always looking for someone like you. We work on all types of equipment, boilers, furnaces, heat pumps. We work on quite a bit of oil fired equipment too. We only have a handful of customers with steam boilers unfortunately.  If you want to work on a lot of steam boilers areas farther south from here have the older homes and buildings. Westchester County, Long Island and NYC have lots of steam boilers, but these areas are more crowded and more expensive to live in than the Mid Hudson Valley. 
    luketheplumberethicalpaul