Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steamaster AKA Scale Flush.... In STOCK

reggi
reggi Member Posts: 511
edited March 2022 in Strictly Steam
This is a public announcement for the community, I am in no way associated with Amazon or Rectorseal and have no control or say over their sales or distribution network nor marketing plan. If you have delivery issues with AMAZON contact them, If you have availability issues from suppliers take it up with them ,
They're in STOCK just in time for Seasonal Shutdown Preservation Treatment!!  bottles right now at Amazon.... Fairly sure the rules allow as I'm not the seller nor a affiliate...
 I just know some still prefer them and I'm good.

Rectorseal 68732 36
Steamaster Tablets or
One way to get familiar something you know nothing about is to ask a really smart person a really stupid question

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,477
    I started using this in 2013 after my Smith G8 steam boiler was installed, the water in that boiler is clean with just a slight purple tint. I just use a tablet and a half for my boiler, the instructions say you should use a lot more.

I think it's good corrosion insurance.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
    reggi
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Only 7 bottles now. Thanks for the intel!
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    reggi
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Thanks @reggi!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    reggi
  • Don_175
    Don_175 Member Posts: 126
    Is it essentially the same as Rectorseal 8 Way?
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,701
    I believe so, but different I think than surgeX
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
  • Hap_Hazzard
    Hap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,846
    Not the same as 8-way. Their new name for it is Scale Flush. They even have the same SKU as Steamaster. I have never been able to locate a retailer who has any in stock.
    Just another DIYer | King of Prussia, PA
    1983(?) Peerless G-561-W-S | 3" drop header, CG400-1090, VXT-24
    reggi
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,701
    A distinction without a difference IMO. I can see why they renamed it...having its name tied to a dying heating technology is a no-go

NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
    reggi
  • reggi
    Glad to see the link was OK @Erin Holohan Haskell ( their search returns results for steamaster are irrelevant so a link to the product was easiest) 

left .. time of post 
    One way to get familiar something you know nothing about is to ask a really smart person a really stupid question
  • reggi
    BobC said:
    I started using this in 2013 after my Smith G8 steam boiler was installed, the water in that boiler is clean with just a slight purple tint. I just use a tablet and a half for my boiler, the instructions say you should use a lot more. I think it's good corrosion insurance. Bob
    I've read your posts along with others way back when I first started using it and was glad for for "experienced hands" advice..
    Using their formula even on my mid 60's boiler would of been (4@100edr) clean..at least 12 tablets ... I used 6 (less than 10 gallon of water) A few hours simmering and flush then 2 tablets for normal use...now I'm using 1 with a 4 tablet treatment near the end of the season.. Nothing close to the recommendation though I still have vacuum and wonder if I'm affecting any of the old mechanics.. carbon post in the expeller..
    Might be a good summer to take a look 
  • reggi
    Not the same as 8-way. Their new name for it is Scale Flush. They even have the same SKU as Steamaster. I have never been able to locate a retailer who has any in stock.
    I see that now that you mention it.. Their catalog looks like they've revamped some of the packaging with the boiler treatments so maybe it has something to do with store and warehouse inventory waiting to be depleted before release as I haven't seen any of the new packaging on the shelf yet..
    And when I was selling cars in the 90's one
    Manufacturer ended at model and the replacement wasn't ready to be released until the next model year so they produced x amount, as not to miss a production year, because they would of had to of gone through a total bureaucratic government review of introducing a new vehicle where producing 2,000 (I think) in the in between year allowed them to maintain all the grandfathered approvals of the prior model and basically continued the linage without starting from scratch with the EPA, and so on..
    Maintaining the same Sku. , changing the packaging and name would seem to fit as a regulation related move... But it's just speculation..
  • reggi
    And STEAM DOCTOR has posted he received his order and they are  rebadged with their new name.. Scale Flush  ..so I'd expect most if not all of ones ordered will be the same unless they have loose inventory to clear out....
  • Hap_Hazzard
    I was able to order a bottle before they ran out, but they LOST the shipment. This is the second time they've lost one of my orders in less than a week! 🤬
  • reggi
    @Hap_Hazzard .. yeah that's nowhere land your in..jk.. My shipment came UPS from Illinois so maybe it ended up transferred to the wrong truck.. that usually takes 3 days ( over the weekend) for UPS to get back on track once they scan it in and say whoops 
  • Hap_Hazzard
    There are no scans in the tracking info. It just says "picked up by carrier" yesterday. No time, no location. Then it says "running late." That's what it says when they have no clue what happened to it. I'll be calling them to read them the riot act.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,669
    There are no scans in the tracking info. It just says "picked up by carrier" yesterday. No time, no location. Then it says "running late." That's what it says when they have no clue what happened to it. I'll be calling them to read them the riot act.
    I've had that happen at least twice recently as well and then had to get them to replace the order.

It didn't say what carrier or anything
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Hap_Hazzard
    ChrisJ said:

I've had that happen at least twice recently as well and then had to get them to replace the order.

Obviously not an option this time. They'd better come up with something. I've given them a lot of business over the years.
  • reggi
    I use the UPS App and have the notifications set for ANY incoming packages with my name and address scanned into their system to send me the tracking information and movement updates.... that's how I've seen packages end up 100 miles away at another distribution center get scanned and turned around and shipped to the local center, 
    but the setup link explains the tracking
    https://www.ups.com/us/en/track/ups-my-choice.page 
    I have the bumped program for $20 a year.. instead of the them dropping the surepost packages at the Post office and getting delivered the next day by mail , They deliver the packages THAT day so a day early for $20 a year is worth it..
    AND
    I'm assuming because my bottle came via UPS that they're using them for shipping these for now..
  • Hap_Hazzard
    Mine says it was shipped with Amazon.
  • reggi
    Mine says it was shipped with Amazon.
    That's a crapshoot then.... could be logistics, damage , lost , or they do quality control checks with the shipping and these aren't actually what are they're selling, could of gotten flagged.. Might of been a seller like Owen ? .. bought a case to get what he needed and then sent the rest to Amazon and they handled the sales.. not a steady supply from rectorseal..yet.. but just speculation on my part with the only facts being the obvious..
    With the snow..if you're in the watch or your Amazon Main Distribution center is in the watch area you still have a few days for them to show up on track for delivery.. just late..
  • Hap_Hazzard
    Does anyone have a contact at Rectorseal? It's very frustrating that they have this product in their catalog but nobody is selling it. SupplyHouse told me they can't ship it because it's a "hazmat item," which sounds like BS to me since Amazon apparently shipped some, but Amazon is clearly not a reliable supplier either, so here I sit, wishing I could get my hands on some, and I'm sure they'd like to sell their product. How can we break this impasse?
  • reggi
    @Hap_Hazzard IDK.... Give your package a few days to show up in the system before getting too upset....If they pulled it they would of cancelled your order already..
    They'll ( rectorseal) will work out their distribution network
    ... but my thoughts are perhaps they're only going to sell to pros.. Pull the SDS from Sid Harveys for the Steamaster and Pull the SDS from rectorseal for Scale Flush and compare ..it only looks like they added a Exclamation point Warning..I didn't notice any changes.. though I didn't go line for line....
  • Hap_Hazzard
    reggi said:

@Hap_Hazzard IDK.... Give your package a few days to show up in the system before getting too upset....If they pulled it they would of cancelled your order already..

No they wouldn't. I just went through this with a batch of orders they lost. They don't have a clue where it is, because the information is not in their tracking system, and they already charged my credit card. I've been doing business with this company since the were a little online bookstore. They are going to hear from me today!
    reggi said:

They'll ( rectorseal) will work out their distribution network

I have zero faith that they will unless somebody gives them a swift kick in the pants. Their distribution network used to be a lot better than it is. You could buy it from SupplyHouse or Amazon. Now one refuses to sell it, and the other just takes your money and loses the shipment. Things are going from bad to worse, and it has to stop.
    reggi said:

... but my thoughts are perhaps they're only going to sell to pros..

If that's their position they should say so, and they shouldn't be selling any to Amazon.
    reggi said:

Pull the SDS from Sid Harveys for the Steamaster and Pull the SDS from rectorseal for Scale Flush and compare ..it only looks like they added a Exclamation point Warning..I didn't notice any changes.. though I didn't go line for line....

I compared the datasheets from Rectorseal long ago. Why bother going to Sid Harvey's? I don't shop there because they only sell to businesses. You can't even see their catalog unless you have an account, and you can't set up an account without your tax ID.
  • reggi
    edited March 2022
    @Hap_Hazzard Edit: I can't help..GL peace ✌️
  • reggi
    3/26 Back in stock ! Just in time for Off Season Prep and **** down ! 
    "SEE FIRST POST"
    Enjoy 🤓✌️