Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Air in line

Options
So I have a Wood Master 4400 just installed ( by myself) in the fall…Just two weeks ago my cartridge pump went and so I had to order a new one finally received it yesterday and I stalled it this morning but I see there is air in the line and I’m wondering g how to get it out?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,327
    Options
    You have to figure out a way to purge it. That is, run water through it at a very high rate until all the air is pushed out -- 5 gpm from say a garden hose hookup or something of the sort. Once it is glowing clear water -- no burps or splurks or splashes -- then close the purge valves and open back to the system.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    edited February 2022
    Options
    A powerpurge as Jamie mentioned, does the manual show a piping plan with purge valves.

Is that an open system steel boiler. Any corrosion inhibitors used.

This type of circulator is the best choice, the motor is not in the fluid like a typical cartridge circulator. B&G, Taco, Armstrong offer these three piece and air cooled circs for systems like yours

If you have valves on both sides of the pump, replacing or servicing is much easier
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream