Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Glenn Elwell is dying.

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
I haven't spoken with Glenn Elwell in a long time. His wife, Judy, who grew up on Long Island, called to tell me he was close to death with cancer. We reminisced and I told her I would be saying rosaries for them both.

Glenn was instrumental in getting radiant started in Idaho. I you have any remembrances of him, please share them here and I'll let Judy know that people are thinking of him.

Judy also gave me her phone number if anyone wants to call or text her. If you PM me, I'll give you her number.

Thanks for caring.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    From the land of famous potatoes!
    I recall connecting at RPA functions. He was always excited about radiant, hydronics in generally. Willing to share what he learned throughout the years. He is friendly P.E. willing to chat with all, with a smile to make you feel he cares about your opinions, regardless of your experiences or position in the industry.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    STEVEusaPA
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Glenn @radiantmaster and to your family.

Thank you for all of your contributions to our industry throughout your career, especially your enthusiasm for radiant heating. No doubt many people are very cozy in Idaho thanks to you.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • DanHolohan
    Thanks for the kind words. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Even if you never met Glenn, please thank him for all that he did in his life to advance our industry. We’re all in this together, and I appreciate you. 

Isn’t it great to be appreciated?  Thanks. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Each of us stands on others' shoulders in some way. There are lots of folks who helped me to be good at what I do, and I try to pass that on. I see it as a happy responsibility. We're all wheels in the conveyor belt of knowledge and good will that keeps being given to the next generation. Clearly Glenn knew this and practiced it. Maybe I'll meet him just a little in someone he taught! o:)

Yours, Larry
  • DanHolohan
    Beautifully said Larry. Thanks for this. 

Anyone else care to send their thoughts and thanks to this good man, our brother? 

“And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.”
    Retired and loving it.
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    I don't know him, but am sending my best for him and his wife. I know how hard this can be, and but for the grace of God, go I. It sounds like he is one of those kind of people who is good at trying something new like radiant, and making it work. I was lucky to have a mentor like that in Alaska, and know how important it can be for others.
    Rick
  • DanHolohan
    Thanks for caring, Rick. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 755
    Larry -- you are so right. Back in the very early 90's there was a guy outside of Philadelphia who did hydronic/ radiant -- he sold Buderus. His wife worked in the office .. he was so helpful on my early projects. Gave me some contacts and went to some seminars. He even took me over to his plumbing supply house to show me the parts I needed on an early project... he was never going to make money off of me. I did nice projects and he liked that -- I often think of him. People touch you in strange ways. I moved back to my first project (home/office) from NYC ... that Buderus boiler is still going.

The Augustinians say we never die .... bits of us live on in others.
    PC7060
  • DanHolohan
    So so true, @TAG. Thanks for being so human. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Glenn went to Heaven this morning. Thanks to all of you who took the time to answer Judy’s request. You brought both of them peace. Thanks. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • reggi
    reggi Member Posts: 510
    Glenn went to Heaven this morning. Thanks to all of you who took the time to answer Judy’s request. You brought both of them peace. Thanks. 
    Condolences.... He's at peace now and no longer suffering... though the vessel has been used his life an memories go on through all that he has touched in his life so as long as he's in your memories he still lives on .... talk to him.. he's still there..
    One way to get familiar something you know nothing about is to ask a really smart person a really stupid question
    Larry WeingartenEBEBRATT-Ed
  • SteamCrazy
    SteamCrazy Member Posts: 100
    I did not know Glenn , nonetheless im sure he will be miss. My condolences and mey God bless his soul. 
  • DanHolohan
    Thanks for that. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • Shahrdad
    Shahrdad Member Posts: 120
    May light perpetual shine upon him.
  • DanHolohan
    Amen.
    Retired and loving it.
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    In ham radio, someone who passed would be called an SK, for "silent key". Seems like we should have our own acronym like SHP, for "silent heating professional".
    Too many pioneers starting to pass away now.
    RIP Glenn
    Rick
    Larry WeingartenSlamDunk
  • DanHolohan
    Beautiful, Rick. Thanks. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,571
    edited February 2022
    Sorry for your loss.