Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uneven heat

I have a 1660 sq. ft. house with a 20 yr. old burnham boiler on 2 zones. During the day, my bedroom must be 5-10 degrees warmer than our living room. The kitchen is usually frigid(5 or better degrees colder than the living room.) Upstairs one bedroom is very cold and my daughters room gets very warm if she turns the heat up to 65. What causes this? Does the boiler need to be bled? House is insulated with shredded newspaper like material. The house was built in 1910 and we added Harvey windows about 20 years ago. Any help would sure be appreciated!!

Sincerely,
Rene LaPlante

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,588
    What kind of heat is it?
    What do you have for radiators?

Some pictures could help a lot.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • poolandspadude
    poolandspadude Member Posts: 2
    Oil based hot water and I have your standard fin registers. It is a Burnham boiler about 21 years old.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    edited February 2022
    Try turning the thermostats to a temp and leaving them there. Then try closing the flap on the top of the baseboards in the rooms that are hotter and opening the ones in the colder rooms.
    It sounds like your baseboards are not very well balanced to the heat losses of the spaces. adjusting the hot ones and leaving the t-stat at a fixed temp may help.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    STEVEusaPA