Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Boiler Feeder pressure gauge not moving

Options
I've got a new taco 3450-t2 combo boiler feeder backflow preventer. I've built a rail with a bunch of new parts that I'm installing but at the moment I'm just bench testing it. So the total volume of this set of components is less than a gallon.

At the beginning of all this stuff I've got the boiler feeder connected to my domestic water. The manual states you loosen the top black cap then you can adjust the knob which should change the system pressure. The manual contradicts itself stating you rotate the knob clockwise to increase pressure but references an image showing a counter clockwise rotation. Regardless of which way I turn it there is no change to the pressure. If I take the knobs completely off I can manually push the part up and it will increase the pressure momentarily.

Is this thing broken or operator error? 

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,367
    Options
    It is quite possible that it won't work at all on a very small volume with no expansion tank. Pressure regulating valves can be tricky that way.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • AdamInEvergreen
    AdamInEvergreen Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2022
    Options

It is quite possible that it won't work at all on a very small volume with no expansion tank. Pressure regulating valves can be tricky that way.

Thanks...that is the worst answer though! I dont really have a backup and it will take my system out of commission if it doesn't work. Looks like supply house could get a replacement in two days (maybe, I'm a bit skeptical) if needed. At least it looks warm this week...

Edit: I just realized I can actually temporarily pipe up the new feeder with PEX and leave the old one in place until I verify the new one works.