Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Panel Radiator

Options
akarusso1677
akarusso1677 Member Posts: 1
Hi I am changing the old baseboard radiators to Panel radiators model 21.
I want to pipe them in the same way my current base board radiators are. Supply and return. What specific connectors will I need and what about the Thermosatic valve?

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    How are the current ones piped?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    mattmia2
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options

I want to pipe them in the same way my current base board radiators are. Supply and return. What specific connectors will I need and what about the Thermosatic valve?

Most baseboard is series loop, not advisable with panel rads
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,667
    Options

Most baseboard is series loop, not advisable with panel rads
    It can be done but you probably will have to have a bypass at each radiator and size them for the decreasing supply water temp.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options

Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    mattmia2
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    H valve with adjustable bypass allows 3-4 radiators in series. It depends a bit on the size of the radiators. Bypass in the H valve is usually set at 35%
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 755
    Options
    I have always done the valve that Bob speaks of .... it comes with the 1/2 fitting for PEX. It's easy -- one pipe in and out. My memory was 1/2 will give 12k or 15k ..... Someone here will know. I typically did each room w 2x radiators and kept it on one loop. On smaller setups -- like bathrooms ... I have done 3x.

The nice thing about doing this way: The Danfoss head just snaps onto the included valve at the top and each radiator works independent of the other with the Danfoss controlling flow into the panel.

The valve comes two ways straight and right angle -- in some places it was easier to come up through the floor right into the valve. I did the 3rd floor of a 1810 federal that never had heat on the 3rd floor -- looked like a museum up there and I did not want to damage the walls. The second was a mess and I had to pull down the ceiling ...