Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle tube prestige 110 hot water, but no heat

tuna
tuna Member Posts: 3
My heater is 10 years old and I just bought the house a year ago. I have 3 solar hot water heaters on the roof. My heat has always been so hot, the thermostats are set at 55, and the house heats up to 75.
I just changed the motherboard and igniter. Now I don’t have error codes, but the heat is not switching from DHW. When I reset the system the valve opens and shuts back off. 
Any ideas on how to fix. 

Comments

• Daveinscranton
    Daveinscranton Member Posts: 148
    My only suggestion is to read the manual very very carefully.  It may take awhile to figure out that heat thinks that it is domestic hot water or some such thing (for example).  Someone with ability will probably chime in shortly.
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    edited January 2022
    Did you change the MCBA ?
    Was the original one a MCBA 1 and you installed a MCBA 5 ?
    If so you may have a programing error or you may have to hold one of the right buttons for a couple seconds to turn the "CH ON" = Central Heat On..
    Be careful not to turn off the domestic :#
    Zman
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    Which controller does yours have? Picture?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • tuna
    My parameters are all at factory settings. CH=01. I never had an issue with the heater staying on. I checked it this morning and the hot water was down to 82. I turned up a thermostat which started the burner, but still no heat going past the valve actuator.
  • tuna
    Called tech support, the technician knew exactly what I needed, he had me reset a bunch of parameters for the motherboard, now it’s working as it should. Also turned down my heat to 120 instead of 186. Maybe now the house won’t be as hot as it was. 
    kcoppDaveinscrantonDerheatmeister