Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Humidifall

Options
kev
kev Member Posts: 100
Humidifall is a wall mounted waterfall that acts as a humidifier. A tank located in the basement circulates water up to unit and it returns to tank through a drain. System is open. Customer needed the existing GRUNFOSS circulator replaced. I had quick access to TACO pumps and crossed referenced a TACO 0011 as replacement. The pump speed (rate of waterfall) is controlled by a keypad. The TACO is pumping to much GPM at the lowest keypad setting and nearly overflowing the drain. Any suggestions on how I can control the GPM of pump. Additional voltage control or a valve to throttle the flow? I don't want to have to replace this $$$$ pump and have it sit on my shelf.
Himidifall is out of business so questions to them about the control are not possible.
Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,324
    Options
    Just put a throttling valve on the output. A globe will give better control than a ball. It must be on the output of the pump!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    mattmia2Larry WeingartenDerheatmeister
  • Clrestore
    Clrestore Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Sorry I see this was posted a while ago, but I need a humidifall circuit board (the one that is in the unit itself, not the controller). Any ideas where I could find who manufactured it or where old parts might have ended up when they went out of business.
  • kev
    kev Member Posts: 100
    Options
    Ha, never had any luck finding info on this product. I did place a globe valve on the outlet and that worked to solve my problem.