Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for a new thermal image camera.... No Flir!

We had a Flir One Pro that attached to the cell phone, but it got dropped and the connector snapped off ( poor design, I's say) . Reading up on the camera the connector assembly is a separate sub assembly easily replaced but Flir refuses to sell the part.

So no Flir for a replacement!
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• CLamb
    CLamb Member Posts: 280
    Here's how someone else solved their problem. https://hackaday.io/project/177952-flir-one-pro-repair
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    I am notorious for "falling on my own sword" by boycotting products that I need.
    Perhaps a Flir C5 with a piece of electrical tape over the word Flir would be a good compromise :D
    They do make the best stuff...
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • offdutytech
    offdutytech Member Posts: 133
    Are you looking for one that attaches to a cell phone or more traditional hand held one?
  • Canucker
    Canucker Member Posts: 722

We had a Flir One Pro that attached to the cell phone, but it got dropped and the connector snapped off ( poor design, I's say) . Reading up on the camera the connector assembly is a separate sub assembly easily replaced but Flir refuses to sell the part.

So no Flir for a replacement!

Have you considered buying a CAT branded phone with the built in Flir off of eBay and only using it as a thermal imager? I no longer use my S60 as a cell phone but I've kept it as a portable imager because it's built so tough
    You can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick two
  • The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    I have throught about the CAT.
    I am open to either type..cell phone or independent
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    I’ve had the CAT phone and the battery doesn’t last very long. I picked up the Flir C5 and it’s perfect for most of the work I do. 
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    Zman
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,230
    The feature my I wish I had most, which my i7 doesn't have, is the ability to take a regular digital photograph of my subject as well as a thermal image. It's hard to tell by the website which models do that. It would mark report writing so much easier than importing an iPhone image along with the thermal image. I also frequently wish my camera had a wider lens.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes