Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dan's 1984 Problem Solver

Options
Tinman
Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
as promised.

Enjoy.
Steve Minnich
ratioSolid_Fuel_Mandelta TErin Holohan HaskellSTEVEusaPA

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
    Options
    Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane, Steve. I wrote that on a manual typewriter. The printer literally cut and pasted it together, sitting at an artist's desk and working with an Exacto knife. And it wasn't all that long ago.
    Retired and loving it.
    Erin Holohan HaskellTinman
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,299
    Options
    Thanks, @Steve Minnich!

President
    HeatingHelp.com

Tinman
  • dopey27177
    dopey27177 Member Posts: 887
    Options
    Hi Dan

Read the 1984 problem solver again.

Again means the first time I read it was in 1984. I have nearly all the Problem Solvers and Steam Without tears monthlies in my library.

This walk down memory lane reminds me of the days you ran classes for as little as $100.00 for a days learning, lunch and handouts.

Back in the day when you came out to several of my jobs to look at something new (old) that worked many years before. Something I resurrected from the Hoffman Manuals. Additionally, you helped me cure a hi rise building water heating system problem in Coney Island. Those were days when you and maybe two other manufacturer reps actually took the time out to teach on the job before trying to sell a product.

Yep the memories are people actually helped other people before money was talked about. The past was all about networks where help could be gotten by a phone call, not like today where no one in the field really cares about the people only the money.

This translates to contractors dealing with customers and technicians unwilling to teach the young ones or help another tech in the same company.

Jake
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
    Options
    Yes, Jake. Those were good times. Thanks for all you showed me, and taught me. 
    Retired and loving it.