Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydro Shark codes

My old 14KW Hydro Shark electric boiler kicks out multiple error codes at different times.  121, 122, 135.  Does anyone know what these are?  I have gone through several boards on them after melting wires.  I can no longer find info on these fire hazards….

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,957
    Unfortunately the manuals I can find don't list the error codes. Have you contacted Steibel's technical support?

One comment: in my humble opinion, any high power electrical appliance which has managed to melt wires is a good candidate for retirement.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    kcopp
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 2,002
    First off, it's not a boiler but a water heater. Secondly, replace it before you burn the building down. What you've spent on boards would have bought you a quality electric boiler
    kcopp
  • aukes01
    aukes01 Member Posts: 2
    No, it’s a boiler for my garage floor.  At least that’s what Hydro Shark calls it.  It’s getting replaced for sure with another boiler but sometimes one just needs to know what the problem is. Since I posted my question, I bypassed my power companies wires that regulate my off peak power and it quit throwing the error codes and works fine. At least the slab is getting warm…
    PC7060