Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mixing valve with ODR

Hello,

I am facing issues procuring TACO iSeries 1" mixing valve with ODR (I100T3R-1) in NJ 07836. Seems all the suppliers I have tried are showing the valve on backorder. I would like to request suggestions on: 1) If there is any way to procure this item at a reasonable price (a vendor in Canada was willing to ship at nearly double the price!) and more importantly 2) what are other equivalent alternatives that should be considered please.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,420
    I’m from jersey , may I ask where from , Try to give me email if you can
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,319
    edited December 2021
    This store shows one in stock

404 WEINSTEIN SUPPLY EGG HARBOR
    3187 FIRE RD
    EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, NJ 08234-9601
    609-677-0666

OOPS It might be a 3/4"

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• ultimatedesi
    ultimatedesi Member Posts: 7
    Thanks, Snowmelt and EdTheHeaterMan for your quick response. I have reached out to the store through their website and would see if they have the 1" version. Meanwhile, am open to suggestions on alternates as well. Thanks.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,700
    edited December 2021
    Are you sure you need a 1”, looks like the cv is higher on some 3/4, other versions are very close Cv.
    How many gpm are you flowing?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Rich_49
  • hot_rod
    Better screen shot, Cv and weight
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Zman
  • hcpatel78
    hcpatel78 Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2021
    This valve will feed 2 zones (total 14 ports with around 270'-280' long 1/2" dia.tubing).
    Thank you,
    Hiren Patel
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768

Thanks, Snowmelt and EdTheHeaterMan for your quick response. I have reached out to the store through their website and would see if they have the 1" version. Meanwhile, am open to suggestions on alternates as well. Thanks.

A smaller valve than the piping it is connected to is actually desirable . You want to use the valve which has a CV rating close to your flow rates . These smaller valve will reach target faster because less water flows through them .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • hot_rod
    in the standard 3 way, both 3/4 and 1” have 4.5 Cv, should handle 40- 50,000 btu/hr
    The 1/2 may be a best choice as Rich mentioned. Really don’t want to oversized a ball type control valve.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Rich_49
  • ultimatedesi
    ultimatedesi Member Posts: 7
    @hcpatel - total 14 circuits, each of them 270/300 feet long.
    @Rich_49 - the circuit is 1" with all pumps/manifolds and leads with 1" pipes.
    @hot_rod - seems CV is same (4.5) for 1" and 3/4" 3-way models.. or am I not reading it right?
    Thanks
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    You could install one of these as a fixed position mixing valve which should give you an outdoor reset curve that is parallel to the boiler curve. If you decide you want individual outdoor reset, you could add a powerhead and controller.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Tekmar-710-3-4-Brass-3-Way-Mixing-Valve-4864000-p?gclid=Cj0KCQiAtJeNBhCVARIsANJUJ2EUoN-lgzq8PhHbUyt0l0ejCeZC2gKvh8BFk5szd9cFupspnBxJStkaAsyuEALw_wcB

@hot_rod and @Rich_49 do you think the temp will be stable as the flow changes with one vs two circs running?

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • hot_rod
    Here is the pressure drop with 14 loops at .5 gpm each? (7 gpm) use the 3rd box to see the pressure drop at 5.6' head, acceptable.

But I only see 8 loops on the mix valve? if so 4 gpm, which is fine for a 4.5 cv valve.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768
    edited December 2021

@hcpatel - total 14 circuits, each of them 270/300 feet long.
    @Rich_49 - the circuit is 1" with all pumps/manifolds and leads with 1" pipes.
    @hot_rod - seems CV is same (4.5) for 1" and 3/4" 3-way models.. or am I not reading it right?
    Thanks

There are reducing couplings . The smaller valves are more accurate . SupplyHouse. com can get you the 4 way ODR 3/4" between December 9 - 16

https://www.supplyhouse.com/sh/control/search/~SEARCH_STRING=Taco I Series

The smaller the valve you use will be more stable when circs turn on and off . That's kinda why we mentioned using the smallest valve . You should call me to have a look , I may have the valve body for a 3/4 or 1 " around the shop . You'll probably be able to get sensor and actuator . Call me , I'm in Toms River and may actually be able to get you one , a customer of ours has spare everything in multiples at his house , maybe he would part with one now if it's replaced .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833