Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

logamax gb172 newbie here

Options
joaogrc
joaogrc Member Posts: 2
Hello. newbie here. Got a logamax gb172, almost no information on it anywhere and i dont understand nothing about it or any other boiler. So yesterday it started making a rumbling noise like it was lacking water pressure, so went to it and it was giving a code 6a, so i tried to turn it off and on, to no result, tried to start a flame and failed , i could see it through the glass visor, so i tried messing with it and nothing worked, so i unpluged it all , turned the gas off and went to sleep, this morning i pluged it back it, started working fine, no codes, no rumbling noise (yet), but now it has a symbol on the display that i cant find a way to fix that. could anyone help me try to figure out what has the origin of the 6a based on the rumbling and no flame, and how to fix this problem now?

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    I’m not familiar with a gb172. I’m very familiar with the gb142. 

Are you outside of the U.S?

On a gb142, a 6a code is an ignition failure which could be from any number of issues:
    1. Check the gas supply to the boiler
    2. Does the hot surface igniter glow orange?
    3. Are the flue pipes and condensate trap and drain clear of any blockages?

There are more, but that covers the most common ones.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • joaogrc
    joaogrc Member Posts: 2
    Options
    hello. yes im in germany atm. the code didnt appear all day so im assuming its fixed, didnt do anything special like i explained, but its working so i wont mess with it. the problem is now that i cannot control the temperature of the tap water, that symbol with the tap crossed out is the problem and i dont know what to do, read the manual and didnt found anything about it