Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best & Affordable Room Heater for 1 Person

RohitJ
RohitJ Member Posts: 4
Hey, I am Living in canada and it's Cold here that's why I am searching for a room heater. and I live alone So, Could you guys please suggest me a good room heater for me?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,275
    Electric? I would suggest one of the simple, inexpensive "milk room heaters", like this https://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Zone-29632544-Milkhouse-CZ798BK/dp/B005OTXH0C/ref=sr_1_6?crid=27JI5HPA1QWKL&keywords=milk+room+heater&qid=1637586371&sprefix=milkj+roo,aps,157&sr=8-6g existing AC ductwork and air handlers -- but that's not the only make -- there are many. Nor is it the only place to get them -- I would imagine that almost any hardware store might have one.

There's no point at all in getting anything fancier, except that it may be a little more handsome. Perhaps. You need 1500 watts and a fan and temperature control -- and that's it. Anything else is sizzle.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • RohitJ
    edited November 2021
    @Jamie Hall Yes Electric, Okay I will check this one out but my neighbor suggest me to buy a Heater Pro X. Now I am totally confused that which one should I purchase now! :'(
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 903
    edited November 2021
    As @Jamie Hall wrote, the only big difference is how they look". When reading the promotional material forget the items like high efficiency, heats room quickly and awesome heating. As I like to say, "the major difference between a $50.00 heater and a $200.00 heater of the same wattage except for the looks is $150.00. The $200.00 heater may look better and may be slightly more quiet, but both will heat exactly the same size room with the same cost to operate. The higher cost does not give you a magic genie or more efficiency. The extra stuff is just for looks and does not add to the heating capacity.
    rick in AlaskaRohitJ
  • NoelAnderson
    NoelAnderson Member Posts: 49
    Personally I like the simple oil filled electric radiators made by many different manufacturers for around $50.00 each. They have three wattages to choose from and put out mostly radiant heat with no fans to make noise. You can buy them from almost any department store.
    mattmia2MikeAmannRohitJ
  • Jamie Hall
    edited November 2021
    RohitJ said:

@Jamie Hall Yes Electric, Okay I will check this one out but my neighbor suggest me to buy a Heater Pro X. Now I am totally confused that which one should I purchase now! :'(

How much money do you want to spend on glitz? If you want to get warm, the milk house heater. If you want to impress, the glitzy one. As @retiredguy says, the only difference between them is about $150.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    RohitJ
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,630

Personally I like the simple oil filled electric radiators made by many different manufacturers for around $50.00 each. They have three wattages to choose from and put out mostly radiant heat with no fans to make noise. You can buy them from almost any department store.

I also prefer this style because the surface temp of what is exposed is relatively low. There is no poking of something in through a grill and touching something hot enough to start a fire. The radiant heat will also make you feel warmer. Ceramic style heaters also keep the surface temps lower. There are versions with timers if that is something you want.

Make sure the circuit you connect it to can handle the load and the receptacle and all the connections are in good condition. If it were me I would make sure it was a spec grade receptacle.

RohitJ
  • Jamie Hall
    The reason I like milk room heaters -- besides having grown up with early ones in -- ta da! -- our milk room is that they are dead simple (bimetallic thermostat), take a good deal of abuse, elements and fan are really hard to get at, have tip switches (again, a simple plunger). And they just plain work. We used to use them in the barn (no need now, no more cows) and never were concerned about safety... and never had a problem.

The cabinet (which is all metal... no plastics) never gets too hot to touch.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    RohitJPC7060
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
    What @mattmia2 said is important

"Make sure the circuit you connect it to can handle the load and the receptacle and all the connections are in good condition. If it were me I would make sure it was a spec grade receptacle."

mattmia2RohitJ
  • Jamie Hall

What @mattmia2 said is important

"Make sure the circuit you connect it to can handle the load and the receptacle and all the connections are in good condition. If it were me I would make sure it was a spec grade receptacle."

And don't use a standard extension cord...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    mattmia2RohitJ
  • RohitJ
    @Jamie Hall Okay, If there is only $150 difference so, I will go with glitzy.
  • RohitJ
    Thank you Guys for your Suggestions.