Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Our Polaris unit is 26 years old and never leaked

Aside from the igniter issues which has come up~every 5 years, and ignition control that we replaced twice (once 10 years ago, and the 2nd one just last month), the Polaris has been a dream machine. Never leaks, keep the 6-zoned big house (50-100,000 BTU's) with conventors in every room and radiant heat in basement cozy, plus delivers endless hot water to sinks. Did a lot of research to find the highest efficiency best performing unit out there in 1996, then installed it. Local plumbers, not even city officials, would touch it, but my innovative technicians did the job. After 26 years we're going to replace the blower and gas valve. At 94% efficiency, stainless steel tank that never leaks, this unit will go on another 10 years, we're sure. If you're careful with it, the unit will not fail. If it "failed" after 3 months, must have been an plumber/installation problem. This is the best unit out there. You get 2 for the price of one (heat and hot water) and great performance. I would have replaced other units at least 3 times in the 26 years I've had this Polaris. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comments