Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Clow Gasteam Radiator

I have a Clow Gasteam Radiator and would like to know what color the flame should be?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,971
    Are you familiar with gas stoves? The flame should be as much blue as possible, with maybe a fringe of yellow.

Those things should not be used in an enclosed space unless you have a sensitive CO detector. And maybe not even then...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,097
    edited November 2021

Are you familiar with gas stoves? The flame should be as much blue as possible, with maybe a fringe of yellow.

Those things should not be used in an enclosed space unless you have a sensitive CO detector. And maybe not even then...

Many were vented.
    I'd see no reason not to use a vented one that's maintained and burning well.

I mean, if they're good enough for Sally, Rob and Buddy. And Jerry.....
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Robert O'Brien
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,554
    ChrisJ said:

Many were vented.
    I'd see no reason not to use a vented one that's maintained and burning well.

I mean, if they're good enough for Sally, Rob and Buddy. And Jerry.....
    Not that there's anything wrong with that!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    ChrisJ
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,971
    If it's vented and running well... OK. But I'd still want a CO detector -- and not in a bedroom.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England