Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wood burning furnace help me

skavanau
skavanau Member Posts: 1
Just bought a house that has a wood burning furnace. No Manual.. no instructions. I need to have someone talk me thru the process of using this furnace. Ive called around (VA) and they act like I have 3 heads...Could someone PLEASE help me. I put wood in...turned on the humidifier...turned on the fan.. flue is good.. but it doesn't get hot upstairs..it blows cool air...Thank you for any help...

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    You're going to need to help us out on this. A model number or a picture would be a good start.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    GroundUp
  • leonz
    leonz Member Posts: 1,253
    Is this furnace a YUKON wood furnace??
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Post some pictures of the flue, furnace, ductwork etc. Stand back so we can see what you see. 
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • captainco
    captainco Member Posts: 796
    Is it wood only or does it also have an oil or propane burner?
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,567
    skavanau said:

Just bought a house that has a wood burning furnace. No Manual.. no instructions. I need to have someone talk me thru the process of using this furnace. Ive called around (VA) and they act like I have 3 heads...Could someone PLEASE help me. I put wood in...turned on the humidifier...turned on the fan.. flue is good.. but it doesn't get hot upstairs..it blows cool air...Thank you for any help...

Nowhere does the OP say he lites the fire!

I'm wondering if the wood is actually burning?

Won't use too much wood that way, but won't get any heat either

Just sayin'

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

JUGHNE
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,814
    I would also add a quality CO detector in the home that has a wood burning appliance like that.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream