Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gravity System design information

Options
I am looking for information, books, articles, websites, anything on how gravity fed radiant systems were sized for boilers, piping, operating temperatures/differentials, and emitters. If anyone could point me to some books, or if anyone has books they are willing to part with, or simply has the information it would be greatly appreciated. I have already read Dan Holohan's books and have learned a great deal from those resources. What is most important for me to find is information on the engineering practices of designing and building a gravity system. Thank you!

Jake

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,577
    Options
    If it's radiant in floor heat you talking about that won't work with gravity.

If you talking about gravity with CI radiators look in the used bookstores for some old ASHRAE books that have gravity information (1920s & prior)
    jakebastyr
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    There were some old wall radiant systems in Europe that I believe were built in the 1800's. I don't remember where I read about them, if it wasn't one of Dan's books, it was probably Robert Bean and Healthy Heating.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    jakebastyr