Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ugg to Snugg wall hanger job

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,797
Just like a hair cut in the Marines 

wish I had time and energy to fix the hole in the window—-the plumber did the water heater years ago and left the original power venter wall thimble 

low voltage kicked my knees, 62 points of contact (5 zones), relocate thermostat wiring, etc 

yes we normally paint 

Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com
PC7060Solid_Fuel_Man

Comments

• PC7060
    PC7060 Member Posts: 1,296
    edited October 2021
    Nice work! Love the intake and exhaust labeling. 

Always like the painted panels myself but very tough to do on a short schedule. 
    GW
  • GW
    Thanks! yes we had paint with is, but painting around the existing water heater wasn't gonna happen
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • GW
    And the vent decals are required in Mass. Some nut job apparently tied some plumbing into a furnace/boiler vent. Can we please get a new set of law makers, PLEASE?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    PC7060
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,092
    @GW

Don't know if we are worse than California, but it's close
  • GW
    Ed you got me there!
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    edited October 2021
    Nice nice job, Gary.

I like the homemade neutralizer. I’ve made them using a water filter housing.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    GWmattmia2
  • GW
    ThanksWe normally use this little neutralizer bullet. But this one we drained into the existing condensate pump (higher up the wall)so we did the old fashion dandy set up with marble stones
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • JakeCK
    JakeCK Member Posts: 1,461
    GW said:
    And the vent decals are required in Mass. Some nut job apparently tied some plumbing into a furnace/boiler vent. Can we please get a new set of law makers, PLEASE?
    Am I the only one who would actually like to watch the end result of this? It'd be great with a taller building. Maybe pointed to an adjacent building or a driveway with parked cars?

I'd die right there on the floor. From laughter.
  • GW
    Ahh the “plumber” guy tying into the furnace venting? I would think the drainage would run back to the furnace 

the world is filled with lawmakers (code writers) that try to keep idiots from harming themselves and innocent bystanders 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 10,368
    If you've ever seen anything that a cable "installer" has done in the past 20 years or so you'd understand why this is necessary.
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • JakeCK
    JakeCK Member Posts: 1,461
    GW said:
    Ahh the “plumber” guy tying into the furnace venting? I would think the drainage would run back to the furnace 

the world is filled with lawmakers (code writers) that try to keep idiots from harming themselves and innocent bystanders 
    Isn't the venting and heat exchanger all sealed? I would think it would fill up eventually and what's coming down after that is going to want to go somewhere. :p
    GW
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Nice work!

Personally I'd think trying a plumbing vent into combustion air would give a very nice boost in system efficiency  >:) only gas needed would be the initial firing....then no more gas....or building....
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    GW