Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Labeling Radiant Branches...

Options
jad3675
jad3675 Member Posts: 127
edited October 2021 in Radiant Heating
Re-piped and zoned my radiant system this summer with pex. Original system had tin tags with barely legible stamps to denote which pipe went where. I have thermal labels on the pex now, which, well I know, what can go wrong with thermal paper and 140 degree water, right?
Anything that I should be looking for or an accepted best method? I don't want the 66 year old me cursing the idiocy of 46 year old me.

Thanks,
John

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,284
    Options
    I use the soft copper tags which are often sold for plant labels. Using a lousy ballpoint pen on a soft surface you can actually emboss the writing into the tag, and it will last forever. Of course, then you have to read your writing...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    Or just a piping diagram. Can even be a picture with the words written on them.
    I'm still using a Brother P-Touch.
    steve
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 556
    Options
    Take a picture with your phone, print out, and grab the sharpies.

But then, laminate and post it on the wall next to the components otherwise I can never find it on my "desk/filing cabinet/most obvious spot when I put it there but not obvious 5 years later" location!

Dave H
    Dave H
    PC7060
  • jad3675
    jad3675 Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Thanks guys. @Jamie Hall I ordered a handful of soft copper tags like you suggested. I'm going to take Dave H's advice and laminate a photo of the layout too, with everything labeled.