Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Embassy model ox 160c (how to increase pressure to 25lbs?)

Options
morloff93
morloff93 Member Posts: 1
I suspect I may have a leave leak in the radiant floor heat. I need to increase pressure to see if it holds for a few days, but I am not sure how to increase the pressure in the system.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,287
    Options
    Do you have a reasonably reliable pressure gauge (I hope)? And can you valve off the expansion tank? And is there a manual feed valve bypass on the water feed?

If so, it's easy. Turn the system off. Close the valve to the expansion tank. While watching the pressure gauge like a hawk, crack open the manual feed valve and bring the pressure up to 25 psi (it's not going to take much water!!!!) and close the manual feed valve and watch the pressure. The pressure should hold at least briefly; if it goes up, the manual feed valve didn't close all the way and now you have a different problem...

Note the pressure. Go away for a while and come back and note the pressure. It shouldn't have dropped much, if not all.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    There should be a fill vale on the system.
    Typically is a Watts 911s, 1156F.
    It has a small lever on it. Lift it up and it will add system pressure
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,287
    edited September 2021
    Options
    kcopp said:

There should be a fill vale on the system.
    Typically is a Watts 911s, 1156F.
    It has a small lever on it. Lift it up and it will add system pressure

True. That works, too -- but still, if you can, valve off the expansion tank as it's action will mask the pressure change, if any. Don't forget to drop the pressure back down when you're done... and reopen the expansion tank...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England