Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Kumo Cloud Zones Overheating

Options
I have a Kumo cloud account with 5 Mitsubishi heat pump units. When they are turned on, sometimes a zone will keep heating well beyond the temperature set-point. I wake up drenched in sweat. The installer, a certified Mitsubishi installer has no idea what to do. They did tell me that their Mitsubishi rep tells them Mitsubishi is having ‘problems’ with the Kumo Cloud app, but I’m able to get no further information. This was working a few weeks ago, but it’s been messed up for weeks. Fortunately I still have an oil heat backup system so I just turned off the heat pumps.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,326
    Options
    Can you control the Mitsubishis locally? Take the cloud out of the picture? If so, determine whether the problem is with the Mitsubishis themselves (unlikely) or the cloud based app (very likely indeed). If it's the latter, good luck. The odds of coming up with a simple fix are between slim and none. If it's the former, your installer should be able to find and fix the problem --but so long as you have the cloud software playing tricks you're not going to get anywhere.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    I’ve installed 70 or so, haven’t heard any issues. Maybe delete the app and reset the whole kit and caboodle. 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com