Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HTP UFT-80W discontinued

Options
PC7060
PC7060 Member Posts: 1,160
I was looking up the price of spare parts for my UFT-80 and saw that that size has been discontinued by HTP.

The UFT 100 and larger are still in production. I wonder if they dropped that size because the 100 can modulate down to almost the same level (8K versus 10k).

Now I’m looking to see what parts are common between the two sizes. I plan on buying a main board and the blower at a minimum.

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,662
    Options
    I think they are transitioning the whole line to a new line and the others available is just part of the transition, but @Ironman probably knows better.
  • PC7060
    Options
    @mattmia2 - Thanks for the information. Do you maintain any spare parts for your system?
  • jad3675
    jad3675 Member Posts: 127
    Options
    I had called HTP the other week asking about the UFT-80; they indicated the entire UFT line was EOL and being replaced by the EFTU line.
  • PC7060
    Options
    jad3675 said:

I had called HTP the other week asking about the UFT-80; they indicated the entire UFT line was EOL and being replaced by the EFTU line.

I believe Ironman posted a few pics of a recent EFTU install. Looked very nice.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,662
    Options
    I don't have spare parts but I also have a separate furnace that heats most of the house so I'm only out DHW and some supplemental heat if it fails. Actually, when you think about it, it is sort of odd having all your eggs in one basket for domestic heating.
    here_to_learn
  • PC7060
    Options
    mattmia2 said:
    I don't have spare parts but I also have a separate furnace that heats most of the house so I'm only out DHW and some supplemental heat if it fails. Actually, when you think about it, it is sort of odd having all your eggs in one basket for domestic heating.
    Concur - I have two zone heat pumps.  Not as nice as boiler but does the job. 
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Isn't HTP now part of the Italian Ariston brand? Expect the products and advertising to be much more stylish :)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    PC7060
  • fenkel
    fenkel Member Posts: 162
    Options
    I heard  almost a year back about the uft line being phased out... look at nti, they sell a boiler that looks identical to htp's new version.. 
  • jad3675
    jad3675 Member Posts: 127
    edited March 2021
    Options
    fenkel said:

I heard  almost a year back about the uft line being phased out... look at nti, they sell a boiler that looks identical to htp's new version.. 

NTI and HTP are both owned by Artison, so I'd expect some cross-over.

HTP is no longer using a Korean HX either; it's Giovoni - well, an Italian brand.

John
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    jad3675 said:

fenkel said:

NTI and HTP are both owned by Artison, so I'd expect some cross-over.

HTP is no longer using a Korean HX either; it's Giovoni - well, an Italian brand.

John
    Correct . NTI and HTP are both owned by Ariston now . HTP offers a fire tube boiler and a water tube . The water tube boiler is the ELU series and the water tubes are much wider than the old Giannoni style and less restrictive , the EFTU is the fire tube .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833