Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

First steamer in a couple years

Options
2»

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,286
    edited March 2021
    Options
    What the heck? @My570 , bluntly you are way out of line. If nothing else, you have managed to destroy -- in just two posts -- whatever credibility you may have had, or respect you may have felt you were entitled to.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    kenlmad
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    @My570

I read back through my posts and I am guessing (because I don't know) that you have an issue with my post on March 4.

Why I don't know.

Looks like I need to skip out at least for a while
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Suggested reading for all:

https://heatinghelp.com/blog/will-it-help/

Thanks for your consideration.
    Retired and loving it.
    Hap_Hazzard
  • SteamingatMohawk
    SteamingatMohawk Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Cool, or rather warm for less $$.

My latest gas consumption was 228CCF (22.8MCF, I guess) in a house with a 150,000BTU input boiler.
    Assuming comparable performance gain, I would save 150/250*5 = 3MCF = 30CCF, at about $0.67 per CCF I would save $20, if my math is correct. Encouraging.

• Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    My570 said:

@EBEBRATT-Ed .. Yeah Newbie.. admitted more than once... So does that mean Pros can berate and abuse someone that doesn't have 40 years experience ? Yes I open many books... obviously it's been awhile since you have being You THINK you know it all.. Yes I read.. . as much as I can while I still can.. You're easy to read... As long as everything is going your way you appear Professional... Once you're questioned you become defensive come to defend a ,"Club" member instead of being neutral.. easy read.. Right or Wrong... you keep coming back rekindling something that's over and is nothing.. So you throw a little fuel on it... Well back off pal.. I'm a newbie... not your playtoy for when you're bored..Backoff me..

@My570, I've read through this thread several times and can't seem to find a spot where @EBEBRATT-Ed insults you in any way. I think we've got a misunderstanding here, which happens sometimes when we're typing instead of talking in person. We're all here to learn from and help one another, so why assume the worst about someone you don't know? I know you're new and a lot of forums out there are like the wild west, but this is not how we talk to one another on Heating Help. This place is built on mutual respect and there are generous, kind, and extremely knowledgeable people here. Don't insult them or the work we're doing here by picking fights.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    CanuckerJUGHNE
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Thank you, Erin.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Options
    @My570, I checked our logs before my initial response. There was nothing in there to corroborate this. Let's move on.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • SteamingatMohawk
    SteamingatMohawk Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    @Erin Holohan Haskell You're the best! Keep everyone on track, even me.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Options
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    SteamingatMohawk