Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien New System Normal or Not?

kayzee
kayzee Member Posts: 11

Overview...
I have my Navien unit set to: 175º house is in the North East (New York - Long Island)
Zones:
  1. (main floor) Living / Kitchen / Dinning / Foyer
  2. (upstairs) Bedroom Upstairs
  3. (main floor) back family room
  4. (main floor) apartment
Problem...
Problem is i put zone 3 on to 70 and while its going up (real slow maybe 1º every 45 mins) zone 2 baseboards will be getting warm (not hot like zone 3). Is there any real way without ripping up walls of seeing if something is wrong? would a flow check valve on every zone fix this issue? Is it normal for a Navien Unit to take soo long to heat up a space?

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    I would assume that the circulators have internal flow checks. They should. Maybe one is sticking.

You should not use setback with a mod/con. It has a feature called Out Door Reset (ODR) which adjusts the water temp based on outdoor temp. This saves energy and actually gives increased comfort. Using setback works counter-productive to ODR and should not be used.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Maybe that zone has some air trapped in it
  • kayzee
    kayzee Member Posts: 11
    Ironman said:
    I would assume that the circulators have internal flow checks. They should. Maybe one is sticking. You should not use setback with a mod/con. It has a feature called Out Door Reset (ODR) which adjusts the water temp based on outdoor temp. This saves energy and actually gives increased comfort. Using setback works counter-productive to ODR and should not be used.
    sorry I'm not too versed in the plumbing world but... what is a setback with a mod con?

does the closet look right from what you can see in the photo?
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Setback: setting the temperature on the thermostat back (usually at night) and then back up. Again, don’t do this.

Mod/con: modulating/condensing boiler.

I see nothing wrong with the piping and installation of the boiler, but the installer should have explained to you how the boiler operates and what to expect.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.