Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Recommended ECM circulator Pump

Good afternoon everyone, I am seeking advice and recommendations on ECM circulator brands. Which one has issues and which one are reliable. I have seen a bunch of Taco 006 before but that’s all I run into for ECM. Repiping a near boiler piping so my customer never has air issues again. Thank you, and I look forward to your suggestions!

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    Taco, Grundfoss, Xylem (the old Bell & Gossett). Nothing wrong with any of them. They all, however, have a very wide range of pumps, so you will need to do some homework to make sure you select one which is correctly matched and controlled to the system. They aren't pull it off the shelf and plug and play.

And don't tell your customer that they will never have air issues again. Even if your piping is perfect and uses the best principles, and somehow the system pressure is kept where it belongs all the time, they will have air issues again -- just, hopefully, not anywhere near as often.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Steamthemean
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    The 006e is a domestic recirc pump. Taco 007e or 0015e will do the job. For Delta T operation, the VT2218
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Rich_49Steamthemean
  • Steamthemean
    Steamthemean Member Posts: 7
    Thank you both. Yes there is nothing wrong with the other pumps, I am a big fan of ECM motors in general. Always have been. First time installing one for hot water heating. Still going to size the pump. Just wanted to get options and opinions on ECM pumps.
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 550
    Of course, I am a little partial to the Taco ECM circs :)
    With that being said all of the Taco ECM circs have a feature called SureStart which helps with air removal in the circ itself.
    Dave H
    SteveSan
  • SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 233
    What Dave H said about being partial to Taco ECM circs. and the 006e can be used for hydronic heating as well.

The 00e Series® — 006e3® ECM High-Efficiency Hot Water Circulator is an infinitely variable fixed speed, high-efficiency wet rotor circulator with an ECM permanent magnet motor. It is perfect for hot water recirculation and hydronic heating applications. With 3 easy settings, the 006e3® ECM High-Efficiency Hot Water Circulator delivers performance, reliability and ease of installation that made the 00® famous.
    Dave H_2