Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

After 30 years- Maybe its time to let her go...

Options
Le John
Le John Member Posts: 226
edited January 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
I have a HeatMaker Plus (Heat and Hot water) in a tenants apartment that I just changed the blower motor on. The unit has been for the most part trouble free for 30 years. Any idea on what I could replace it with? Laars no longer manufactures the Endurance and there is no drain in the closet where the boiler is located so putting in a condensing boiler would require tearing up the apartment to install a drain. It's in a 3X3 closet so getting a boiler and a tank will be really tight.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    A mod/con combi with a condensate pump.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    markdelzell
  • Ironman
    Options
    Bob Boan
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,533
    Options
    @Ironman
    Bob,

Do you know anything good or bad about the Utica mod cons? We put a few in about 5 years ago and they worked fine, we don't have the account anymore, just wondering as we don't here much about those boilers
  • Le John
    Le John Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Thank you @Ironman @EBEBRATT-Ed I'll look into the Utica CUB. Reminds me of a Weil Mclain Aquabalance.
  • Ironman
    Options

@Ironman
    Bob,

Do you know anything good or bad about the Utica mod cons? We put a few in about 5 years ago and they worked fine, we don't have the account anymore, just wondering as we don't here much about those boilers

@EBEBRATT-Ed ,
    I haven't installed any since we went with HTP a few years ago, but the Laser tube is an excellent boiler.

I haven't much experience with the lower range ones.
    Bob Boan
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    I installed a Utica CuB a few years back... didn't thrill me. Really cheap. Lots of non quality plastic parts. I also pulled another one out this past summer. Didn't hold up well.
    There is a market for the wall hung NON-condensing boiler but w/ the rebates they price themselves out of competition. Not worth the time for mfg to sell.