Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Noritz Combi Boiler CB199-DV (Natural Gas): Radiant heat stops working randomly

Options
padosi
padosi Member Posts: 8
I had initially posted this on a different thread (which had similar issue like mine) and then thought perhaps I should start a new discussion to elicit response.

I have a single family home with heating on two floors (~2200sqft) . We currently have the room temp setting to 75F on both floors. It randomly stops heating and the temp drops to 65F or below. After few days its starts heating up the room and the temp comes up to the set 75F. I have noticed that the burner icon shows up once in a while but does not stay for very long. I have already cleaned the air filter. I am posting few pics below.

Not sure what the issue is, the DWH is working fine and there are no error messages. Any advise would be much appreciated as my knowledge in this is very limited. Hopefully the pics are helpful. If not, I can take from a different angle and re-post.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    From the pics, your piping doesn't look right, but I don't think that's the cause of your problem.

That boiler is notorious for having the 3 way valve stick in domestic water heating. That's more than likely the problem.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    padosi
  • padosi
    Options
    Thank you @Ironman . Btw, can you let me know which is the 3-way valve? Is it visible in the pic above or inside the box? Thanks again for your response...much appreciated!
  • Ironman
    Options
    Its internal to the boiler.
    Bob Boan
  • padosi
    Options
    Thank you again, @Ironman .
  • schultzey11
    schultzey11 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    I just got one of these boilers online for my brand new radiant system. While having the tech support walk me through getting ODR activated, I broached the 3 way valve topic. He said, they have a handful of calls a year and ship them out to take care of it. Often the old one can be cleaned and reinstalled is what he told me. Reach out to their support.
  • Ironman
    Options
    Did you really expect them to admit that they've had an abnormally high failure rate?
    Bob Boan
  • schultzey11
    schultzey11 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    No company is going to be totally honest about a product that opens them to higher than necessary warranty costs. You're spot on, downplay, downplay.